Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”)! Welcome to the Connect.Space (“Site”) system, which is owned and operated by Connect Space, Inc. (and referred to in this agreement as “Connect Space”), located at 320 South Main Street, Suite C, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, United States.
We start every new relationship with a contract. The terms outlined in the contract are what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
If you agree to the terms below, please check the box next to the phrase, “I agree to the Terms of Service” when you login for the first time. This acknowledges your agreement to be bound by these terms. This is the legal equivalent of and as equally binding as your signature on a written contract. Only by checking this box will you be able to access and use the exciting services available on the Connect.Space system.
Please read the following terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference.
Please read the following terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
- We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Visiting Connect.Space or sending emails to Connect Space constitutes electronic communication. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- If you use this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
- You acknowledge that Connect Space is not responsible for any third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your account.
- Connect Space and its associates reserve the right to refuse or cancel service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content at our sole discretion.
- Connect Space does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under 18, you may use Connect.Space only with the permission of a parent or guardian.
Planners and Other “Per Event” Software Fee Purchasers:
Once you have purchased and begun to use Connect Space’s products and services (on the “per event” payment basis) for any phase of event planning whatsoever, you cannot cancel the services. No refunds will be given under the “per event” payment plan once use has commenced.
If you signed up with us when we were offering our month-by-month price model, you may cancel your subscription at any time unless otherwise negotiated and agreed. However, depending on when you cancel during the month, we may still charge you pro rata for the portion of the month you used and then refund the rest.
All Users: You may cancel your registration for any event up until the start time and day of the event. However, event producers or others responsible for holding the event may specify in clear terms during the registration process that you may only receive a certain portion of your payment as a refund if you cancel. Please make sure to pay attention during registration. We are not responsible for the cancellation fees or refund policies of any event producer or others responsible for the event. Additionally, Connect Space adheres to the refund policies of its payment provider gateway. Connect Space can only offer transaction terms that are consistent with the terms of our payment gateway and merchant portal. If your payment processor does not refund transaction fees when processing transaction refunds, then Connect Space cannot either.
Links to Third Party Sites/Third Party Services
- Connect.Space may contain links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Connect Space, and Connect Space is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation, any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Connect Space is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Connect Space of the site or any association with its operators.
- Certain services made available via Connect.Space are delivered by third party sites and organizations. By using any product, service, or functionality originating from the Connect.Space domain, you acknowledge and consent that Connect Space may share such information and data with any third party with whom Connect Space has a contractual relationship to provide the requested product, service, or functionality on behalf of Connect.Space users and customers.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use/Intellectual Property
- You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use Connect.Space strictly in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you warrant to Connect Space that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
- You may not use the Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site.
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site.
- All content included as part of the Services, such as text, graphics, logos, images, or any such compilation, and any software used on the Site, is the property of Connect Space and protected by copyright and other laws that protect intellectual property and proprietary rights. You agree to observe and abide by all copyright and other proprietary notices, legends, or other restrictions contained in any such content and will not make any changes to it.
- You will not modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site.
- Connect Space content is not for resale.
- Your use of the Site does not entitle you to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and in particular you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content.
- You will use protected content solely for your personal use, and will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of Connect Space and the copyright owner.
- You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of Connect Space or our licensors, except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
Use of Communication Services
- The Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages and information, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send, and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service.
As examples—and not limitations—you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information;
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights or have received all necessary consents;
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages;
- Conduct or forward contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services;
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; or
Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Connect Space has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Connect Space reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion.
- Connect Space reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- Connect Space reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Connect Space’ sole discretion.
- Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service.
- Connect Space does not control or endorse the content, messages, or information found in any Communication Service and specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service.
- Managers and hosts are not authorized Connect Space spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Connect Space.
- Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction, and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you upload the materials.
Materials Provided to Connect.Space or posted on any Connect Space Web Page
Connect Space does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to Connect.Space (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input, or submit to any Connect Space Site or to our associated services (collectively, “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission, you are granting Connect Space, our affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet business, including without limitation, the rights to:
Copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat your Submission; and
To publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission. Connect Space is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in Connect Space’ sole discretion.
- By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, or submit the Submission.
Third Party Accounts
- You will be able to connect your Connect Space account to third party accounts. By connecting your Connect Space account to your third party account, you acknowledge and agree that you are consenting to the continuous release of information about you to others (in accordance with your privacy settings on those third party sites). If you do not want information about you to be shared in this manner, do not use this feature.
- The Service is controlled, operated, and administered by Connect Space from our offices within the United States of America. If you access the Service from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use the Connect Space content accessed through Connect.Space in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions, or regulations.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Connect Space, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of:
Your use of or inability to use the Site or Services;
- Any user postings made by you;
- Your violation of any terms of this Agreement;
- Your violation of any rights of a third party; or
Your violation of any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
Connect Space reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Connect Space in asserting any available defenses.
- THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION. CONNECT SPACE AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME.
CONNECT SPACE AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND.
CONNECT SPACE AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CONNECT SPACE AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH:
THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE;
- WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR RELATED SERVICES;
- THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES; OR
- ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND RELATED GRAPHICS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE,
WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CONNECT SPACE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Connect Space reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related Services or any portion at any time, without notice.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Michigan in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site. Use of the Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including without limitation, this section.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Connect Space as a result of this agreement or use of the Site.
- Connect Space’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal processes, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Connect Space’s right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by Connect Space with respect to such use.
- If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, including but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement will continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Connect Space with respect to the Site, and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between you and Connect Space with respect to the Site.
- A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- It is the express wish of the parties that this agreement and all related documents be written in English.
Changes to Terms
- Connect Space reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Terms under which Connect.Space is offered. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions and become effective immediately. Connect Space encourages you to periodically review the Terms to stay informed of our updates.
Connect Space welcomes your questions and/or comments regarding our Terms:
320 S Main St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104